About the C3 Safe Program
We are working with C3 Australia on our Safe Church Policy and Guidelines. This Policy and Guidelines will form part of our ongoing commitment to be a safe place for all people in order that our church continues to be God-honouring, life-giving and harm-free.
The Safe Church Policy and Guidelines are written with regard to the recommendations of the Royal Commission into institutional responses to child sexual abuse, the 10 National Principles for Child Safe Organisations (based on the 10 Standards for Child Safe Organisations from the Royal commission) and legislation, including child protection, work health and safety and the governance standards of the ACNC.
The Safe Church Policy and Guidelines :
1. Guides our work in establishing and maintaining safe environments for all people, including children and young people
2. Underpins our Biblical mandate to: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and to love your neighbour as yourself (Matthew 22:37-40)
3. Promotes and provides for the provision of services that foster the health and safety of all who access our church and/or programs
4. Ensures that all workers (paid and volunteer) associated with our church fulfil their pastoral and organisational responsibilities
5. Ensures compliance to legislation, and also with the intention of the legislation, as it relates to protecting people, particularly the vulnerable (including children)
- POLICY STATEMENTS
1. We acknowledge that all people have the right to feel and be safe, and to experience life-giving, harm-free interactions when engaging in C3 Church Cherrybrook activities, events and programs
2. We acknowledge the need for sensitivity and consideration of all people of Indigenous Australian heritage, ethnically and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, as well as any person with a disability